One year in heaven

Friday, November 9, 2018                                                                              Cochrane, AB, Canada

I feel like I really need to write something today because I do not want the day to go by unnoticed, even tough it has been a year since someone so dear to me passed away. I like writing it here, because it is a place where it doesn't get read by the masses, but only by the people that choose to follow the things that are going on in my life.

The Friday before Rememberance Day long weekend... Last year a day of intens shock, pain and loss, then followed by a weekend of fear, lots of questions, and no answers or support.

People will call our loss a miscarriage. Something that so many people go through. But it wasn't a miscarriage. We were half way along into our pregnancy, our son was already a perfect little human being, just in miniature. Officially it is called fetal demise, but that also does't sound right because it is such a medical term. We lost our little baby. Our son. The little butterfly (or goldfish, as I found that was more what it felt like) that was moving around in my belly and could hear our voices, left us and went to heaven.

His wings were ready but our hearts were not...

I don't really know what else to say but I felt like I needed to take a moment to recognize his memory.



We love you Cas and we miss you.


"When you cry and feel a tear, Mummy I love you and am always near"

"When you lose a baby and are made to feel like it's just a common medical condition, it is heart shattering"

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you"

Comments

Monique said…
In gedachten bij jullie.

Popular posts from this blog

Our summer 2021 so far

Chloe Grae Champion

Ons leventje deze eerste 3.5 maanden